OT: internet buyers beware
Jay Songbird
2013-09-19 13:50:26 UTC
Interesting, if I put PayPal or EBay in the subject line it doesn't
get posted

I ordered a product advertised in EBay as new, and paid through
PayPal. When it came, not only was it used, it was bootlegged.

After going through the process of opening a dispute, PayPal found for
the seller and refused me a return/refund?

In the future it's good- bye PayPal, hello AMEX.
Skywise
2013-09-20 03:48:51 UTC
Post by Jay Songbird
Interesting, if I put PayPal or EBay in the subject line it doesn't
get posted
Perhaps a filter on your usenet server? Since eternal-september.org
is free, a quick perusal of their FAQ indicates heavy filtering on
certain issues. Perhaps those words are triggered on to stop spam.
Post by Jay Songbird
I ordered a product advertised in EBay as new, and paid through
PayPal. When it came, not only was it used, it was bootlegged.
What would be more useful to the group would be to tell us what
you bought on Ebay and from whom. Perhaps a link to the ebay
auction page?
Post by Jay Songbird
After going through the process of opening a dispute, PayPal found for
the seller and refused me a return/refund?
Did you open a dispute with Ebay? Is it possible you were ruled
against because you did not dispute properly? I've not had an issue
with either, but based on personal experience in other disputes,
it is VERY important to do things the 'proper way', or you are
ruled against summarily.
Post by Jay Songbird
In the future it's good- bye PayPal, hello AMEX.
Good luck with AMEX. Many merchants do not accept them because they
are business unfriendly. Their service fees are nearly twice that of
other companies, and have also been known to take over six months to
pay the merchant. I know these from personal experience at companies
I have worked for who dropped AMEX for these reasons.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?