Park Flyer Electric Problem
Rich
2013-04-11 17:33:52 UTC
Hi All,

A guy gave me an RX, motor, battery and servos, Feather size, and told me to have fun. Then I had to get a kit from Tower, then different covering, etc. I usually fly .60/.46 stuff.

Anyway, can't get the motor to run thru the speed control. Servo's run just fine. Batteries fully charged. Maybe something plugged in wrong? Speed control shows which end goes to motor/battery, so that looks good. The RX is a piss ant size, 3 channel, Hitec. Rudder/elevator servos connected to #1 and #2 connections, and they work. Other connection comes from the speed control. Does it go into #3, or #4?? #4 is labeled as battery. BTW, the TX is a single stick, with what looks like a sliding switch for the throttle. The stick works the rudder/elevator.

So... how do I connect what at the RX? And how do I tell if the speed control is hosed, and needs replacing. The motor runs fine when powered directly.

All help and comments will be GREATLY appreciated!

Rich.....
High Plains Thumper
2013-05-02 23:24:18 UTC
Post by Rich
[...]
Your best bet is to get an account with two of the largest RC forums,
rcgroups.com or rcuniverse.com and post your questions there. Usenet is
basically a dead media. This forum used to have hundreds of messages a
week. Now it'd down to a small handful if that.
--
HPT