Need a good ammeter to measure the amps draw of my motor
Peter Olcott
2008-07-30 03:30:45 UTC
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLMV0&P=ML http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX3605&P=MLAre either one of these better quality than the other?Are there any cheaper alternatives that are fully functionalthat do not have to be build?When I looked at reasonably priced multimeter options lastnight I could not find any that were not limited to 10 amps,beside the above two.
Morgans
2008-07-30 05:46:35 UTC
Post by Peter Olcott
Are there any cheaper alternatives that are fully functionalthat do not
have to be build?>When I looked at reasonably priced multimeter options
last night I could not find any that
were not limited to 10 amps, beside the above two.
Look for a homebrewed shunt that you can build yourself, then you can use
your 10 amp multimeter to measure the higher loads.

A few results of a quick search:
<http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/shunts/shunts.html>

Another approach uses a wire of known resistance, measures voltage drop
across it, and dividing by a factor to get amps.
<http://www.scienceshareware.com/bg-current-monitoring.htm>

This thread may be helpful:
<http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2317.html>

Here is another thread that has some good answers for exactly what you are
asking:
<http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425090>

Anyway, as you can see, there is plenty more out there than this list, if
you need to do more looking than what is here. I think you can take it from
here, now! <g>
Jim in NC
Lyman Slack
2008-07-30 21:56:41 UTC
Peter --

Check out the Medusa MR-PA-60100T Power Analyzer II at
www.MedusaProducts.com It measures Volts, Amps up to 100, Watts, and other
info with a simple connection. All you have to do is add your standard
connectors, such as Dean's. One connection measures all parameters
automatically.

Cheers -- Lyman

amps,beside the above two.
v***@gmail.com
2013-02-11 05:28:17 UTC
A high quality dc current clamp ammeter can give accurate ratings and pinpoint corrosion in actual or near real time to allow for prevention ways.

http://www.swainmeter.com/