Aeroshark
Pete
2005-04-03 06:49:38 UTC
I have an Aeroshark from the Chinese Green Models. Nice looking with flowing
lines and flies great. I have seen though that it behaves strange when
flying full throttle into moderate winds. It suddenly deviates vertical up
or down with a feet or so. Upon reducing throttle this behaviour recedes and
it flies normally. Any opinions?

TIA
dingo
TIA
RCFlyr
2005-04-03 19:05:43 UTC
Post by Pete
I have an Aeroshark from the Chinese Green Models. Nice looking with flowing
lines and flies great. I have seen though that it behaves strange when
flying full throttle into moderate winds. It suddenly deviates vertical up
or down with a feet or so. Upon reducing throttle this behaviour recedes and
it flies normally. Any opinions?
TIA
Assuming that the wings are held on with rubber bands. There may not be
enough rubber bands holding the wings on and they may be lifting from
the fuselage causing the strange behavior. For a typical .40 size
aircraft 12 #64 rubber bands would be sufficient.

RCFlyr sed that
Fubar of The HillPeople
2005-04-03 23:43:35 UTC
I have run into this with an old Airmaster 40T trainer. At full throttle it
suddenly did the most amazing loop/corkscrew/spin thing I have ever seen. It
recovered, I throttled down and landed. I could see where the wing wasnt
sitting properly in its saddle any longer and was slightly askew. Added more
rubberbands and it never did it again.
--
Dan
AMA605992
#64 rubber bands would be sufficient.
RCFlyr sed that
Skylar
2012-09-18 16:45:38 UTC
Post by Pete
I have an Aeroshark from the Chinese Green Models. Nice looking with flowing
lines and flies great. I have seen though that it behaves strange when
flying full throttle into moderate winds. It suddenly deviates vertical up
or down with a feet or so. Upon reducing throttle this behaviour recedes and
it flies normally. Any opinions?
TIA
Hi Guys

I know this is only about 7 years too late, but for the benefit of
others who might find this thread I'll give the answer to this strange
behavior.

I also have an Aeroshark and it flies beutifully, in spite of having TOO
MUCH power. Full speed is much higher than was ever intended for this
Chinese ARF model, thanks to a very powerful Scorpion 4025 motor on 8
LiPo cells. Output power on the shaft is comparable to that of a hot
60-size engine.

Now for the answer:- The pushrods that are supplied in the kit are junk.
They flex under severe loads (high speed) and that is where the strange
behavior originates.

I was fortunate enough to see a clubmate's Aeroshark fly before I
assembled mine and decided to modify the pushrods when his started to
wander all over the sky.

The fix is quite simple, really. I installed 2mm carbon pushrods for the
elevator and rudder, running in Teflon tubing that is attached at every
fuselage former, right from the servos, up to where it exits in a
straight line at the rear end of the fuselage. In order to attach the
outer sleeving properly, I had to cut open every second bay on the
underside of the fus. These holes were later covered up again with spare
heat-shrink covering (that you get with the kit for repairs).

The result: An amazingly fast and aerobatic model with no mind of it own
whatsoever! Oh, another mod I had to do was to strengthen the
undercarriage mounting. Mine was ripped off on the first landing in the
grass.

I hope this information reaches and helps at least one person.
Obviously, this might apply to other ARF kits too.

Christo
--
Skylar
Skylar's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=19276