Don Smith B-17 Plans
p***@gmail.com
2017-01-27 06:36:50 UTC
I happen to be building this thing as we speak. Yesterday, the 18th, marked the
fourth month on this project for me with 138 hours into this so far. I enjoy
the hell out of this project. Instead of building the fuselage in halves, I
elected to build it in one piece as the old ships used to be built. I made a
line drawing on the plans that represented the table surface, used front and
rear jigs from this, and began erecting the fuselage starting with the lower
keel laid down on the table and jigs. Building the fuse this way also set the
body at 0 incidence which now makes it easy to set the incidence on the stab at
+1 degree and the wing at +3 degrees. I sent out for the wood parts to be cut
by All American Kit Cutters which ran $525.00 for two boxes worth of wood. This
could easily be a $4000.00 project. I do have photos of this B-17 in
construction if you would like some copies, I would be happy to send them. If
you need any more information on this, let me know. Steven R Bolin
any pics or information you could give me on the plan would be great
p***@gmail.com
2017-01-30 01:48:54 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
[...]
where did you get plans from as ive been trying to sourse some