Need Plans??
yopatty_band
2006-01-31 01:08:43 UTC
Richard,

I saw you request for the Sportee 40 plans or instruction manual on RC
Groups. I'm looking for the same thing! I have acquired a partially
built kit, but I need the manual in order to finish it. Did you ever
find one? If so, would you be willing to sell me a photocopy? Any
help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Patrick
--
yopatty_band
yopatty_band's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=26665
View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113278
Old Limey
2006-04-11 16:58:50 UTC
It seems there is a glory hole of part built Sportee 40's about, but my
need is for a wing plan if I can get one quick. I am not a RC buff but
my Nephew is and today I bought a box from a market for a fiver and
when I got home and checked it....No Wings. Doh! He is coming to see me
this Good Friday and searching the net desperately I found this likely
site for help.
Question 1/Do you modellers think my Nephew could design his own wings
should he want to? He is pretty good at this sort of thing.
Question2/ There seem to be a lot of similar models to this about.Has
anyone ever transferred wings from one model plane to another with
success?
I am a retired Railway fan in the UK but I did work for the Post Office
which I believe in the States means I could be a little loco,how about
that?
--
Old Limey
Old Limey's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=94908
View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113278
indoruwet
2006-04-12 02:38:39 UTC
Does the fuselage have a space where the wing "sits" ?
If yes, that will give you one half of the wing foil.

The easiest wing to make is a "Hershey Bar" type.
All ribs the same shape.

Maybe yopatty can help here, if he has a partially built one ?

With a little bit of work, you can always transfer a wing.
All depends on the fuse length and weight of the plane

--
indoruwe
indoruwet's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=3891
View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11327
Old Limey
2006-04-12 13:59:14 UTC
Thanks, yes there is an open wing area built into the underside of the
fuselage. What I will do is let him see your comments on line when he
arrives on Friday.Meanwhile I have been enjoying the videos of various
models on this site and if I do not watch out I might get hooked. I
have seen flying lawnmowers and other Dick Dastardly types in the past
built by the way out people but I do not think I have seen a flying
Locomotive yet. The B17 trio video was good and the warbirds too. I
believe my Nephew is very keen on A6 Harvards and ME109's. So far I
have established wing span for this Sportee 40 thanks to this
forum.Thats a start. Like the block of granite converted into the Venus
de Milo ,Its in there (A block of Balsa wood?) waiting to be
released.This model has no wings,Venus, no arms so....

Going back to flying Locomotives,I believe I saw a programme on TV a
little while back when either a Galaxy or Antonov Giant carried one
easily.

Thanks again
Ultra Boom
2010-02-16 02:08:17 UTC
Hi I too have come across one of these kits. I am also missing th
plans, the only thing I am having trouble with is the thrust angle. Ca
someone measure there’s and let me know so I know were to glue my moto
mounts, and were to cut the hole for my nose thanks

Ultra Boo
patrickgw
2010-02-16 04:56:26 UTC
Post by Ultra Boom
Hi I too have come across one of these kits. I am also missing th
plans, the only thing I am having trouble with is the thrust angle. Ca
someone measure there’s and let me know so I know were to glue my moto
mounts, and were to cut the hole for my nose thanks.
Hi Ultra Boom,

I was able to find plans a while ago. I'd be happy to photocopy th
sections that you need and mail them to you. What is your address?

Patric

patrickg
frets24
2010-02-17 00:44:20 UTC
here's a couple scans... thrust is 0-0...no up/down/left or right

I wish I could run across one of these old kits...virgin or partiall
buil. I had a battery failure that toasted mine. Just about have th
worktable que cleared for starting a scratch build/rebuild of it. I
was a sweet flying plane!

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frets2
beercrazy
2012-08-20 04:20:08 UTC
I too have come across a HD sportee 40 with no plans, I will gladly pa
whats needed for copy and shipping to build this kit. Any one wann
share some plans? PM me and lets make the arrangements. THX Ke

beercraz
TJ
2014-12-05 23:18:05 UTC
I too have come across a HD sportee 40 with no plans, I will gladly pay
whats needed for copy and shipping to build this kit. Any one wanna
share some plans? PM me and lets make the arrangements. THX Ken
Hey BC,

I know this is a few years late, but I found a set of plans for the
Sportee 40 if you haven't already found them. Email me at ***@yahoo.com
if you get this message and want them.
--
posted from