A7 Corsair II kit by house of balsa any good
m***@gmail.com
2015-04-06 04:54:53 UTC
Quality, flying characteristics, ect.. wanted thanks
I had this plane years ago (maybe 96-97), and was quite happy with it. It had a few building quirks, but over-all went together fairly fast and easily. Loved the fact that the LE on the wings was made out of dowels, which provided not only the rounded edge, but a strong one as well that was resistant to a lot of abuse.

Overall flight characteristics, hmmmm. From my memory, it was a bit 'hot' speed-wise, as you had to keep the speed up to keep it airborne, however, as long as it was at a decent clip, it flew like a dream. I had a used O.S.25 that a friend had given to me mounted on it, and got a few circuits while trying to get the mix dialed in, and found that even with an engine out it did well. Finally lost her a short time later due to radio interference during a high-speed pass and she rolled into the ground nose-first. Ironically, the front was destroyed, yet the wing remained intact and undamaged (did I say that I liked the dowel LE).

In the end, I would like to get my hands on another kit and convert it to electric for convenience and cleanliness sake. It was a fun kit to build and fly, with a lot of good points. Just remember, it is a 'hot' flying plane.
t***@sbcglobal.net
2015-07-20 02:13:05 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
I started this kit 20 years ago and am just finishing it up now. I gave up flying in 97 to raise my family.
I need to know where the CG is on this plane. I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks