Horizon Hobbies, Just had a BAD experince. Please help boycott.
o***@gmail.com
2013-03-18 07:36:02 UTC
First an apology to the news group, I know this is not necessarily on
topic but I need some revenge. If I get one other customer to boycott
Horizon my goal is reached.
Just tried to order some stuff from Horizon Hobbies. They are
pathetic! I had them ask for a signed FAX Form to confirm my order and
authorize them to ship to APO addresses.
I have made hundreds of internet orders and never have I had to fill
out a separate form for an APO order. Let alone send it back to the
states via a fax, This costing me even more!
Horizon also wanted me to authorize AIR postal service. This would be
way to expensive. Besides all mail sent to APO addresses is sent via
air if it's First class. First class is allot cheaper than AIR.
I'm in the Military and am thrilled when I can find companies to send
there wares to APO addresses. Secondly even more excited when those
companies don't try to rip me off by charging way more than they have
to.
Thank you for listening to me.
Ken Bryant
Hey Ken,

First I want to thank you for serving in the military. I served in the Marines so I know how important mail and packages overseas are.

That being said I'M BOYCOTTING HORIZON HOBBY!!!!

But I got a whole mess of reasons to do so. The biggest reason is they own and build EFlite and Blade RC aircraft. Don't know about their planes but most of the helicopters just plain suck... until you figure WTF your doing and replace the parts that should have been Microheli or something other than cheap plastic garbage. Not to mention that but they misrepresent their products.

Case in point the CX2 sucks... really?? no tail rotor, and blades that break if you even think about flying it. Even with a DX6i it sucks. You have to hold your breath for fear of causing any air turbulance in the room.

The SR sucks too. It's got a sloppy head and the tail motor is going to burn out on you. That is if your main doesn't catch the whole thing on fire first.

The 500 3D isn't a 500 in the first place!!! Good manufacturers like Gaui use the diameter of the rotor arc as the measurement. ie a Gaui 425 has 425mm blades. Go measure a Blade 500's blades somewhere around 396mm?. Hey numbers are important. Also again we have the some of the same issues with quality on that Heli in comparison to their competitors.

I've found it hit and miss with their tech support at Horizon. But overall they just made me feel like an idiot and insulted the hard work I was putting into learning this great hobby.

I'm flying Gaui now and what a difference! I'm sure a lot of people will bark and cry about my post but I don't care. I blew a lot of money on Blade stuff CX2, SR, Nano (pretty cool if you upgrade and set it up right), MQX, 500 3D, etc, etc. etc.

Hey I'm still a newbie but I used to work on real CH53E helicopters in the Marines so I know just a little bit LOL. My advice is to spend a LOT of time on a simulator and find what you like to fly in there. Some people need to graduate through the different types of helicopters but I crashed A LOT until I dropped $800 on a Gaui 425 with a flybar and yes I still mess up. The only difference is the cost of parts. The stuff that breaks on mine is usually really minor and easy to get and fix. Course I live real close to their distributor but hey... National Hobbies in Phoenix, AZ has been great to me. They are located just miles from a distributor and they will mail out parts that are in stock next day or even same day sometimes.

Bottom line I ended up spending a LOT more money trying to learn and go through the steps with Blade then if I had just started out with Gaui or probably Trex (that's my next).

MOST IMPORTANT: This is supposed to be fun and I don't find it fun or funny to be lied to and cheated into buying lousy crap by Horizon owned stuff.

That's all I gotta say about this. I will go out of my way to avoid Horzion. It's no wonder why so many get discouraged...

NOW for you jerks that like to flame people for expressing their opinions shut your pieholes. Express your opinion, don't hassle someone else for theirs.
o***@gmail.com